I am always looking for new recipes and last month my cousin emailed me the link to Grilled Buttermilk Chicken. I've had fried chicken soaked in buttermilk before, but this was a leaner idea.
It was very easy. Saturday morning I arranged the chicken in a shallow baking dish and marinaded them in the buttermilk mixture. I turned them occasionally until dinner time. Then Millard took care of the grilling. They turned out nice. I didn`t use as much garlic as was called for, but perhaps I could`ve.
Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
Serves 8 Hands-On Time: 10m Total Time: 1hr 50m
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, garlic, paprika, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the buttermilk mixture and chicken between 2 large resealable plastic bags. Let marinate in the refrigerator, turning the bags occasionally, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Heat grill to medium-low. Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 30 to 40 minutes.
We each made a salad to go along with our chicken. I`ve never had kiwi in a green salad before, but oh boy it was good. Christian got fancy and put a cherry on top of his. :)
Grilled Buttermilk Chicken recipe was taken from Real Simple.